V60 COFFEE BREWING: A BEGINNER'S GUIDE
- Gather your equipment: V60 dripper, V60 filter, coffee grinder, kettle, digital scale, timer, and coffee beans.
- Boil water in the kettle and let it cool down to around 93°C, or just off boiling.
- Weigh out 20-24 grams of coffee beans and grind them to a medium-coarse consistency.
- Place the V60 filter in the dripper and rinse it with hot water to remove any paper taste and preheat the equipment. Discard the water from the dripper and place it on top of your coffee cup.
- Add the ground coffee to the filter and gently shake it to distribute the coffee evenly.
- Start the timer and slowly pour 40 grams of water over the coffee in a circular motion, making sure to wet all the grounds. This is called the "bloom" and helps release gases from the coffee.
- Wait 30 seconds for the bloom to settle, and then slowly pour the remaining water (360-400 grams total) over the coffee in a circular motion. Keep the water level consistent and avoid pouring too close to the edges of the filter.
- When the water has finished dripping through the filter (usually around 3-4 minutes total brew time), remove the dripper and discard the filter and grounds.
- Give the coffee a gentle stir to ensure an even extraction, and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Enjoy your delicious V60 pour-over coffee!
Explore the delicious and fascinating world of pour over coffee with the Hario V60 Pour Over Kit. The Hario Australia V60 is a world-beloved Japanese brewer that’s famous for its spiraling ridges and wide drainage hole. These elements, along with Hario’s own filters, produce a cup with a clean and smooth mouthfeel, a crisp acidity, and satisfyingly bright flavours.
V60 Coffee Maker Features
- Glass Server - Black Handle (02 size)
- Transparent Plastic V60 Dripper (02 size) V60 coffee maker
- 100pk of V60 Paper filters (02 size)
- Also includes a Bonus coffee scoop